East Islay BC

The East Islay Badminton Club *Player Standings *Upcomming Events *Player Challenge

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Far East Islay BC

As many of you know, I am leaving on the MS Yellow Sea for Tokyo and the Far East. I will be taking my Pointforte raquet ("power without control is nothing") and a couple of birdies with the hope of finding competetors and friends as excellent as those I will be leaving behind. I am abdicating my responsibilities for the EIBC for the foreseeable future. I would hope that the fun and comraderie of the EIBC can be carried on. I nominate the following to assume the duties of the EIBC: Matt will be the grounds and equipment manager, Gianni should be in charge of sheduling matches, I would hope Amy could take on the updating of this blog, Brendan can remain in charge of the wine and birdies, Jon should assume control of the lost and found, and Arun will remain as head instructor.
I recommend another tournament before the weather turns soggy. I know a lot of people missed the last one because of other engagements and would love to play. I leave it in the hands of my successors to work it out.
Love, Mark

PS I will be starting another blog: Far East Asia Review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home